20

B’day boy, yet I love you



Today is his birthday. In school, if you have got beaten up or punished or humiliated, it could have been because of him. Yet, I wanna wish him today. 

Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday to You…
Happy Birthday dear Newton
Happy Birthday to You 
J

As a kid, this guy was one of my enemies! How I hated him, Oh God! For that matter, all of them were my enemies – Newton, Einstein, Pythagoras, Bohr, Mendel and all their friends! However, now that I have no more mandatory exams to write and get through, I am making an attempt to at least not dislike them. But Mr Bohr, sorry; you are an exception. I still hate you!

What if on the day apple fell on Newton’s head, it rained and his mother did not allow him to sit under the apple tree? Then, g would not have been equal to 9.8; also later, Mass would not have married Acceleration to produce their baby Force! None of us would have experienced this magic, F=ma! I mean, objects in uniform motion would not have been in the same state if / if not somebody applies a push on it! Oh, the world would have been totally a different planet!

I was wondering, what if Newton, Einstean, Pythu and Co were like me - I mean, super-laid back when it comes to theories and derivations and super-excited when it comes to lazing around? What would have happened? A computer could be a thing yet to be invented and I would not be sharing this meaningless thought with you on this silly blog.

So I realize, indeed everything happens for good. Thank God it did not rain that day and the apple fell right on his head, which left Newton chettan thinking!

So here I am, once again wishing you with all my heart, “My dear Newton, A very Happy Birthday! You truly deserve more than just an apple!” 

Also, 3 cheers to R.A. Japan sir a.k.a Rajendran Sir, my Physics teacher in school who has handled many useless kids like me without losing his sanity.

20 comments:

Pyari said...

Very sweet.. :)

Ashly said...

:D nice post

ps: i read somewhere (i think in A Brief History of Time, not sure) that this apple story is only a story.

ps:ps: i too love that B'day boy!!

The one who has loved and lost said...

Ha ha.. why do you hate Bohr so much :)

Pink Mango Tree said...

@ Pyari - Thanks! You had the patience today to scan through many of my posts. Thanks for stopping by! :)

@ Captain Haddock - Thanks! If it is a story, i appreciate the story teller, otherwise of course Newton Bhayya! :)

@ The Layman - Mr.Bohr is always Mr.Bore! Hence I don't like him! ;)

Sorcerer said...

that was a sweet post :)

Sid said...

This is good... mein aapse se bhi jyada aalsi hun... i hv been going on google today and seen the apple drop multiple times, not even once did i think i need to find out. Now i read ur post and it makes sense.

Good post. Happy new year :)

Shiva said...

"Pythu and Co" - :) :)

Indian Pundit said...

Initially i used to love them......but then.......

Cheers

Pink Mango Tree said...

@ Sorcerer - Thank You!

@ Sid - Thanks and wish you too a fabulous year!

@ Shiva - :)

@ Indian Pundit - yeah, they appear sweet initially; but later turn monsters especially when u get ur exam results! :)

Meety said...

As always you and I share the same thoughts for all these set of people.. and for a change even I've started liking Newton :P

Divya Rajiv said...

adipoli...i am sure if newton had read this ...he wud definitely call u:)
and pythu and so are so cute words....
cheers dear....more to go:)

Anonymous said...

Humour is inbuilt in you, my friend! This post is a new year treat for ur readers :)
How I wish, if Newton too gets to read this :P He never would have even imagined a hate-community against him! Lol...

Rgds,
Preeth

anoop said...

you seem to be in an extra sweet mood today, thanks for the comment on my blog on the 'bangalore to london' post, it truly lifted my spirits. was in the slumps because of many reasons, having to pay the interest for my previous unpaid credit card statement being one! :)

Pink Mango Tree said...

@ Meethi - ...hence we are best friends! :)

@ Divya - Thank You so much!

@ Preeth - Thanks! The 'hate community' has now become 'fans community'! :)

@ Anoop - That was truly an amazing and a rare collection of pics! ...and abt paying bills; there is no escape from credit card, mobile, petrol and electricity bills - till the end of the world!

ToOothlEss WOndeR! said...

Newton's communist!
he said gravity exists, and the communist said poverty exists.
Communists have red flags, and Newton caused a lot of red marks on my report card.
Thanks for dropping by!
~B

Anonymous said...

That was cute. But I still love them :) Maybe coz Physics is my most fav subject :) The apple falling on head is a controversy. Many people say that it never fell on his head and it was a made up story.

Beautiful Mind said...

I never knew this anout newton.but I celebrated it for Adi's Birthday!

Pink Mango Tree said...

@ ToOothlEss WOndeR - Oh.. this guy even had time to become a communist?! Oh.. I didn't know! ;) ;)

@ Evanescentthoughts - I envy people who love Math and Science! :)

@ Beautiful Mind - Belated B'day Wishes to Adi :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, these laws, theories and especially cant forget the boring pytho theo.....

Well, your blog though was very interesting lady!

G3

Ananya said...

i was born on this day too...

Back to Top