23

Pre and Post Wedding

Vikky is my best friend who was all set to get married. The pre-wedding activities made him a new person. If you ask me, my honest opinion would be "why does this fellow act weird and funny?" While his parents version was "Oh...our son is so happy and thrilled". 

The wedding day!

The 3 days long Tam-Bram wedding happened with much splendor and celebration. The bride and the groom were dressed up in the most exquisite outfits; the couple looked overjoyed - well set to embrace the life that lies ahead of them.

Blessed by near and dear relatives and friends, holding hands, the both of them entered his house. Flowers and well wishes showered on the two.

Suddenly amidst the crowd, Vikky found his wife missing. Shedding tears while bidding good bye to parents on the day of the wedding is in fashion. I mean...is very painful indeed! Any girl would cry. However, Vikky was prepared. He dashed into his room, opened the cupboard and grabbed the gift he bought for her – a diamond pendant tucked in a heart shaped box. 

He went to all corners of the house looking for her.

However was shocked to find her in the least expected place - jasmine flowers drooping down her hair and gold bangles tinkling, she was washing clothes in the bathroom, in her kancheepuram saree!

Amazed and not able to hide his expression, Vikky asked her, “While the guests are looking for you, what are you doing here?” Casually she replied, “Give me five more minutes please...what an eventful wedding it was - three days of changing clothes infinite times. If I don’t wash my under garments, I will run out of them!”     
 
With his mouth open wide and the diamond pendant hid inside his dothi, Vikky stood there staring at her, speechless!


P.S - Though an unexpected beginning, they lived happily ever after! J

23 comments:

g2 said...

awesome ending.. lol!

Rohan said...

Instead of the diamond he should hav bought a washin machine!! :-D ;)

Abhilash said...

ha ha ha ha... hope Nik doesnt read this...Nik ko khade khade saheed kardiya...


As Rohan said a best gift would be a washing machine... LOL

Anonymous said...

Utterly hilarious! What a fun post!

Rgds,
Preeth

Kiran said...

Great post $$. Goes to show quite a few things - principal among them being the fact that pampered and spoilt do not necessarily go hand in hand!

Although I would want to point out one thing - the first few paras (Nik's entry in his diary) - no matter how romantic a guy is, he still wouldn't come up with *that*. Those words can only come from a girl :)

Pink Mango Tree said...

@g2 – thanks g2 :)

@ Rohan – hahaa… the W.M was existent; oh… good, she didn’t switch it on! Anyways, I shall confirm with Nik ;)

@ Abhilash – Nik has already read and so Nik’s girl. May be from next time, they would be extra careful while refreshing their memories while I’m around! :)

@ Preeth – Thanks Preeth!

@ Kiran – Thank You, Kiran!

U r right; I should not have coupled ‘pampered’ and ‘spoilt’! BTW, ahem ahem… looks like Kiran is a pampered boy! ;)

And… how can u be so unfair & cruel to the Salims and Shahjahans and Raj Malhotras in the world? They can go any extent when it comes to romance or writing love letters or hopping around trees! ;) ;) For further information, please contact Karan Johar :P

Chandu said...

(Moderrn) Seetha kalyana vaibhogame!

Anita Jeyan said...

Oh my God what a cool ending...least expected...is she still ur friend for letting this out? :D ;-)
Gr8 narration.

Pink Mango Tree said...

@ Chandu - yeah, the unconventional practices! ;)

@ Anita - Thanks! :)

Shiva said...

I have often tried to guess the climax of your posts and not once been successful... :)

Nona said...

So, Nik should have gifted undergarments? :p

Er. said...

Girl, you write good. What-a-post! =))

Sekhar said...

:)

Pink Mango Tree said...

@ Siva - What to do? I am surrounded by happening people! :)

@ Nona - Nik, his wife and I are ROFL-ing at ur comment! Hilarious! :)

@ Arjit Srivastava - Thanks a lot! :)

@ Sekhar - :) :) :)

Bikram said...

WOWOW I loved the ending he hehehe what a pickle Nik was in he hehehe...

Nice one loved it made me laugh and smile All the best to your best friend and to the new best friend toooo .. God bless them and may they live happily everafter and countless scenes like the ones you described :)

Blunt Edges said...

Hahaha...talk about innerwear shortage ;)

Aparna said...

I read this the other day shalini, but 4rgt 2 comment..really i luv ur blog..very nice..it always brings a smile on my face

Deepak said...

You succeed so well at the movie-style distraction... pointing towards east, and when I look there, you walk towards west.

You are never serious, are you? :)

Pink Mango Tree said...

@ Bikramjit - Thanks a lot! Yeah.. my friends are doing well :)

@ blunt edges - seriously!!! hehheee..

@ Aparna - Thanks Appus!

@ Deepak - BTW, i tried to be a little serious in my latest post, 'Reception' :)

Thanks a lot all my dear virtual buddies... for being patient enough to read and even leave a comment! I really really love it! :) :)

Anonymous said...

good.....
keep writing

Regards
Naseera

Deepak said...

Is that as serious as you can get? You're like me (Except when I'm serious!)

Pink Mango Tree said...

@ Naseera - Thanks! :)

@ Deepak - I am in fact trying hard; i mean as hard as it can get! :)

Anish said...

what da ;) .... I was expecting some twist in the end as usual ....But never expected such a cruel one :) (I mean for nick) .......

Back to Top