22

When Shibu was Renamed...


Shibu is my friend (read 'shi' as in shit + 'bu' as in bull). His full name is Shibu Wallance. I have always felt that his first and last names make such a horrible combination - like malabar fish curry and apple pie. Imagine consuming the two together; ones digestive system would hold its operations for an indefinite period declaring hartal. What would have sounded better as a pair is Bullet Shibu or Komban Shibu or may be Alavalathi Shibu :p

Talking about Shibu, he is a fantastic story teller; but sadly he could find no listeners. He is also a fabulous writer; but he had no readers. Shibu was deeply disappointed.

However my point is…how could somebody with the name Shibu even attempt to write or tell a story? All the Shibus, Shajis and Byjus on this planet are supposed to shadow the ugly anti-heroes in Malayalam cinema whose only job is to chase Mohanlal/Mammooty and get beaten up black & blue.

Coming back to our man; Shibu continued to be sad and lived with a heart ache until God showed him the way. He decided to come to me for advice.

I had the solution to his problem. “It is time to wipe off your parents' first gift to you. Find a new name for yourself. Do you have the courage to embrace the change?” I asked him. "Yes", he roared!

Shibu definitely liked the idea; he was excited and all set. I had a few self-invented, ground-breaking, truly-enterprising names in my mind like Raj Malhotra, Mangalasseri Neelakantan and Mogambo Khush Khush. However, the selfish devil in me hinted that I could use them later when I release my first book as I too do not originally have a great name. Anyways thanks to Google; after testing all possible permutations and combinations, he finally zeroed on Jude Virgil Wallance. Shibu was thus reborn! Jude published his first novel and was overwhelmed to see the response. He finally lived his dream of becoming a novelist.

I felt very happy for Shibu Jude; was so thrilled to see hundreds of online articles about him and his new book. The best was when I asked Google with the help of a Voice Search App, “Find Jude Virgil Wallance.” As you know, Google need not think a lot; so the answer came to me in the next second, ‘Nude Virgin Videos’, followed by an array of YouTube videos. As I rolled on the floor laughing, I shared the screen shot of my latest discovery with Jude Shibu and he replied, “!@#^&**%#*&*^%# WTF!!!


PS – If you find me missing, some random Shibu or Shaji who has read this blog post would have kidnapped me. Please do the needful to find him and rescue me. God bless you, thanks in advance.

22 comments:

Anita Jeyan said...

ROFLMAO !!! Nude virgin videos hahahahhahahhahahaha....!

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

Aaha!! This is the fellow!!
I asked Google to find 'Nude Virgin Videos' and they gave me videos of 'Jude Virgil Wallace'! I should have known that 'isme Shalini ka haath hai' !!

Cheetiye aavaanum samadhikulla!

Jayesh George said...

Ha Ha Ha.....nice one...

Shiva said...

Poor Shibu!! :D

Pink Mango Tree said...

:) BTW Anita is a nice name; just fYI!!

Pink Mango Tree said...

Didn't I tell you Google is not reliable? :p

Pink Mango Tree said...

Thanks jayesh. Glad that u liked it :)

Pink Mango Tree said...

Yes yes... poor shibu!!

parutiks said...

hihihi :D

Shymol said...

Nice one :-)

Pink Mango Tree said...

I like that giggle parutiks :)

Pink Mango Tree said...

Thanks shymolu!!!!

Meety said...

Omg! Of all the people you had to be the one to get that result paavam Shibu chetan

Pink Mango Tree said...

Meety - fate!! ;p :p

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

Nude Virgin Videos ... Shibu henceforth becomes a star !!!!!

Very nice article ...

Your blogger ID "Pink Mango Tree" at once reminded me of Mohanlal's famous "Salt Mango Tree" .. no coincidence heh ?

Haddock said...

I think I will have to take that PS seriously. I mean its almost a month since you posted ...... could he be holding you down in some deep hole with no access to the net?

CRD said...

Haha. Well, even if he didn't admit it, you probably made his day...when he had some privacy :p

Nice reading. Blogrolling you. Do drop by mine.

Cheers
CRD

CRD said...

,

D.Nambiar said...

:D
Good one.

D.Nambiar said...

Love your humour!!!

Nacha said...

" have always felt that his first and last names make such a horrible combination - like malabar fish curry and apple pie." Rofl. Oh my. uncanny.

A book with your name as the author on it- I won't hesitate to buy.

Unknown said...

'the more you shall honor Me,
the more I shall bless you'
-the Infant Jesus of Prague

Jesus, have mercy on our souls.

Back to Top