16

Rendezvous!

I spoke to two of my childhood friends last month, after really a long time; felt very good! We didn’t discuss appraisals or the project we are into or the latest stocks we bought; but we pulled each others’ legs reminding of the most stupid things we did in school and laughed so much at our madness. We talked about our sexy computer mam who one fine day stopped coming to school and the chemistry teacher who never smiles. And we laughed again!

Last evening I was at a shopping mall, where I met this lady who looked drop-dead gorgeous. She caught everybody’s attention in her lovely red saree draped tightly around her slender waist; her hair was loosely tied and the careless strands falling on her eyes only made her look sexier; colored glass bangles chimed on her arms and her almost backless blouse naughtily revealed the Chinese Dragon tattoo on her shoulder through the noodle strap. I snapped at my colleague when I caught him ogling her. He said, “A thing of beauty is a joy for ever! God is so unfair; loveliness and splendor are generously given only to chosen few” he said tossing down the drooping saliva into his mouth.

Looking at ourselves, we couldn’t help cribbing about how un-glamorous and wretched we were! To get over the dejection, we decided to get caffeinated. As we were gazing at the crowd sipping our coffee, the lady in red walked to us and said, “Hari Om*!”

My colleague not knowing how to react, said “Sorry, you mean Jai Hind?!” and he looked at me.
I said, “Well…Hari Om! Chinmayan**?”

Lady, “Very much! I taught your class for few months; but not sure if you remember me!” 

Oh My God! Our Computer mam, about whom we spoke just a month ago! I couldn’t believe my eyes, really! I remembered how the boys in our class used to associate their dreams with her and her velvet blouses.

So sweet of her to recognize me after these many years and even come to me and say a hello. I am really really touched. But, I failed miserably to repay the compassion!

In spite of having many of questions with me to make the reunion treasured, this is what I asked, “But, you never had the tattoo there before!”

Embarrassed teacher, “Oh… I got that done later! Hmm…okay then, nice meeting you; bye!”



This post is dedicated to my male friends at school. Sorry guys! I couldn’t gather any information about your once-up-on-a-time heart throb!


**Chinmaya Vidyalaya is the school where I studied; affectionately we address anybody associated with the institution as ‘Chinmayan’!
*’Chinmaya way’ of greeting!

16 comments:

Vidya said...

Its soo good to see our teachers...u are lucky that she recognized u and wished u first....
Recently i saw my zoology teacher at an orphanage but the sad part is that she never showed a hint that she has seen me before....

Prathima said...

Did you really say that!!!!! it must be so embarrassing for that poor lady:)Can't stop laughing....

Nacha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nacha said...

ROFL! typical, Shalini. :D You should change your picture - *tongue peeking out of cheek* to *tongue in cheek*. =) Perennially.

Anita Jeyan said...

Oho ! If she could recognize you, then you should have been unforgettably naughty in school !
And you're right, at times one fails to say the right things at the right time and end up saying something weird :D Happened to me n times ;)

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

orru photo !! one photo !!! Just for old times sake :)

and dont make fun of our 'smileless' chemistry teacher... She was my class teacher ..rather, i was part of her first batch as class teacher...

Tan said...

Poor lady....you embarassed her to the core... Its nice to see old teachers very unexpectedly...I happened to see my "Social Studies sir" once at the roadside....the love and compassion when teachers see us after a long time is really unforgettable :)

Pink Mango Tree said...

@ Vidya - there definitely would be others who ll recognize you!

@ Prathima - i said that! :( Never in life she will say hello any of her students!

@ Nacha - :P :P love u sweetie! :)

@ Anita - absolutely! would love to read ur narration too!

@ Pythoroshan - oops, sorry doc; id i have offended you! ;)

@ Tan - yEAH.. it is such a good feeling, provided you don't mess it up the way i did!

Anonymous said...

you are a specimen; i swear!

- preeth!

Aparna said...

heheehe, eppolum sexy aano miss..

Blunt Edges said...

LOL!! You actually asked her that?!?!
Hilarious! And salutations to you fellow Chinmayan :D

Pink Mango Tree said...

@ Preeth - Me, a paavam..!!

@ Aparna - absolutely!

@ blunt edges - Oh..!! Hari Om! Hari Om! I get high when I meet a Chinmayan!

Shiva said...

How I wish I was a "chinmayan"! :D

Pink Mango Tree said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Pink Mango Tree said...

Blunt Edges and Shiva...
Please don't assume I have deleted your comment. Blogger encountered some problem and it got deleted somehow! Anyways, thanks to gmail... it all get saved there! :)

They said...

blunt edges - LOL!! You actually asked her that?!?!
Hilarious! And salutations to you fellow Chinmayan :D

Shiva - How I wish I was a "chinmayan"! :D

@ Blunt Edges - Hari Om Hari Om! I never knew u were a chinmayan! And I get high... every time a bump into a Chinmayan, just like i did here! ;)

@ Shiva - But, you have a Chinmayan friend:) :) :)

@ Aparna - Mam is still gorgeous, super sexy! ;)

Bullshee said...

Back in college we had a tounge twister we liked - sexy, slippery, silky sarees!

Talk about one right now! Hot teacher fantasy! Yum!

Back to Top