I want to become a good boy. I feel sad when I am made fun of. I feel insulted. I want to be respected and worshiped. Like Sachin. Like Kumble. Like Dravid. I read somewhere that sticking to a list of New Year resolutions is a good idea.
So, here it goes. Daivame… Oh Lord Guruvayoorappa, please be my savior!
- I will do justice to my name; will be a “Shanth” kumaran.
- Painfully, I remind myself that I am not the greatest bowler India has ever produced. I will disown my babies - pride and arrogance.
- I will not overreact on the ground when only by my luck a batsman gets out.
- I will learn from my seniors on ‘How to Behave in Public’. Difficult I know, but I will learn, God Promise!
- I shall not speak in English on Malayalam channels cos I admit, I make a fool of myself when I try to show off.
- Though I hail from a drama family, I will not cry and draw attention of the media, even when I get slapped by any Sardarji or a Kangaroo.
- When I experience a testosterone rush, I shall hold back my feelings and chant the mantra, “Cricket first; girls to follow”.
- I will not try to woo any more heroines cos
I realize my team mates are better at handling girls. I don't want to fight a losing battle L. I
lovelike Pritey Zinta like a chechi, I mean like an elder sister.
- Check Check... Reality check - I think I am a fabulous dancer. But may be only as good as an average high school kid. I will hereafter stop exhibiting my dancing skills.
- I will not bring disgrace to my folks, to fellow Keralites.
After all, I am from God’s own county; nothing is impossible in this country! Ol are as simble as a dimble! J
Ol are as simble as a dimble! J
If you see me break any of the 10 promises, here I curse myself, “Let me become a deadly ghost; let kids laugh at me when I try to scare them!”
Gopu Mon (a.k.a Sreeshanth)